A game project is a project that features user interaction; gameplay. They have always been one of the most popular types of projects on the Scratch Website, thus causing the word "game" to be one of the most commonly used tags.
Scrollers are a kind of project where the background and objects "scroll", or move along the screen, when being scrolled up, or down. Usually, the player will stay on the same X coordinate, but often a "jumping feature" will allow the player to change their Y coordinate, upon a keyboard interaction. These projects commonly have an opposing AI, often called "enemies", and platforms, in which allows the player to travel upwards, or downwards depending on the elevation of the platform.
- Main article: Platformer
A more commonly used type of game, platformers are games where you "jump" along the Y coordinate; or travel upwards on platforms to achieve a particular goal, often sending the user to the next "level" of gameplay. Some platformers also take on the aspect of scrollers.
RPG Projects are games where the user is sent to fight pieces of opposing AI, or "enemies", with preset actions to take, or "attacks" as they are commonly put. Often, one will have "companions" that will help during one of the stages of attacks.
The goal of tycoon games is to get as much "money" or whatever currency is described in that particular game as possible. You are usually required to buy upgrades, to advance as to get more money.
- Main article: Maze
Mazes are a common form of game type projects, as they tend to be particularly easy to program. A common form of maze creation involves barriers in which if come in contact with another sprite, will send that particular sprite being controlled by the user, to the beginning of that stage of game-play. Other variations simply do not let the user go through the walls.
- Game - Undercover Sabotage by LS97
- Bug Game by Bsteward
- Cube World 3 : Scroller Demo by Tanner-FBI
- CRGG v2.2 Scrolling! by Dibbo222
- Sea Urchin Launcher by RHY3756547
- 4 ScrollingDemo by SampleProjectsTeam
- Chilean Miner's Escape 2 by glitchfinder
- Egg -refer to notes- by chanmanpartyman
- 1s1s1c Perfect Platformer D by Infinitas
- Google Chrome Platformer V2.0.0 by swonz
- Investment_Chart_Game_2.0.2 by 30bla30
- Lemonade Stand by johnhole
- McDonald's Tycoon by dasbloekendeschaf
- Mini city builder by colorfusion