(Redirected from Main Page)
- December 09, 2013 — EH7meow as Scratch Curator
- EH7meow has been chosen as the one-hundred-eiteenth curator on the Front Page. Feel free to congratulate EH7meow on his/her profile!
- December 07, 2013 — Scratch is featured in Hour of Code
- Scratch is being featured December 9 through December 15 as part of Hour of Code, an initiative to encourage students and teachers to try coding for the first time. More information can be seen here.
- November 26, 2013 — BlackSwift as Scratch Curator
- BlackSwift has been chosen as the one-hundred-eiteenth curator on the Front Page. Feel free to congratulate BlackSwift on his/her profile!
- November 12, 2013 — turkey3 as Scratch Curator
- turkey3 has been chosen as the one-hundred-seventeenth curator on the Front Page. Feel free to congratulate turkey3 on his/her profile!
Recursion is the process of repeating items in a self-similar way. Recursion can be implemented in Scratch by making a block that uses itself. This can be used to create fractals. A fractal is pattern that produces a picture, which contains an infinite amount of copies of itself. Some well-known specimens are the Mandelbrot set, the Sierpinski Triangle (also, but less commonly known as the Sierpinski Gasket), and the Koch Snowflake.
| Edit Block Colors
|| Net Scratch blocks
| A picture of the dialog box used to edit the color of a block category.
|| The sensing blocks that linked to the internet in the experimental Net Scratch modification.
The Scratch Wiki
The Scratch Wiki
is a free, collaboratively-written wiki
that provides information about the Scratch programming language and its website, history, and phenomena surrounding it. The wiki is supported by the Scratch Team
, but is primarily written by Scratchers
. The Scratch Wiki is a popular source of information for scripts and tutorials, and it continues to grow as Scratchers use it as their primary source of information.
For German-speakers, there is the DACH-Scratch Wiki, available here. It is run separately from the English wiki. It currently has over 300 articles.