Change Size by () (block)
|Change Size by ()|
The Change Size by () block is a Looks block and a Stack block. The block changes its sprite's size by the specified amount. The default sprite size is 100; size values below that percentage are for shrunken sprites, and size values above it are for overlarge sprites.
As this block changes its sprite's size, it is used whenever a sprite's size must be changed. Some common uses are:
- A sprite in a 3D world that must change its size as it moves along the plain
- A growing object
- A shrinking object, usually to the point where it can be hidden, this can be achieved by puting a minus - infront of the value, for example, if you want the sprite to shrink slowly, you would put -1 in the block
- Changing the size of a paintbrush for painting
- Draining a pool of water by shrinking the water sprite
- Making an object that grows and shrinks continuously
- Main article: List of Block Workarounds
The block can be replicated with the following code:
set size to ((size) + (amount))%
However, this is not exact because the main block rounds it and the math block gives exact numbers.
Say () for () Secs • Say () • Think () for () Secs • Think () • Show • Hide • Switch Costume to () • Next Costume • Switch Backdrop to () • Change () Effect by () • Set () Effect to () • Clear Graphic Effects • Change Size by () • Set Size to ()% • Go to Front • Go Back () Layers • Costume # • Backdrop Name • Size
|For the Stage|