Go to () (block)
- "Go to" redirects here. For the block that makes a sprite go to a specific coordinate, see Go to X: () Y: () (block).
|Go to ()|
The Go to () block is a Motion block and a Stack block. The block sets its sprite's X and Y position to that of the mouse-pointer, an arbitrary coordinate, or another sprite — in other words, it moves the sprite to a random position, the mouse-pointer, or another sprite.
The Go to X: () Y: () block does not simply move sprites to specific objects - the Go to () block, however, can move sprites to other sprites or the mouse-pointer.
Some common uses for the Go to () block:
forever go to [mouse-pointer v]
- A piece of clothing that must stay with the sprite that wears it
forever go to [person v]
- Preventing a sprite from moving
forever go to [Sprite1 v]
- Controlling a pencil with the mouse
forever if <mouse down?> then go to [mouse-pointer v] pen down else pen up
- Changing the position of objects on a hidden treasure game
when green flag clicked go to [random position v]
- Main article: List of Block Workarounds
With the sprite going to the mouse-pointer:
go to x: (mouse x) y: (mouse y)
With the sprite going to another sprite:
go to x: ([x position v] of [wanted sprite v]) y: ([y position v] of [wanted sprite v])
With the sprite going to a random position:
go to x: (pick random (-240) to (240)) y: (pick random (-180) to (180))