- "Sensor Boards" redirects here. For the discussion forum, see Connecting to the Physical World (forum).
|This page has links to outside of the Scratch website and Wikipedia. Always remember to stay safe when using the internet since we can't guarantee the safety of other sites.|
|Note:||It does not matter what color a PicoBoard is, since they have the same build.|
The PicoBoard can be ordered from SparkFun. The schematics and additional information are also available on that site.
The previous version was called the ScratchBoard and has the same components and is compatible.
The Connecting to the Physical World forum is a place dedicated for discussions about the PicoBoard and other real world Scratch sensors.
If you would like to see what a PicoBoard is like, you can try out this project.
Blocks Used with the PicoBoard
- Main article: PicoBoard Blocks
|Note:||Click on a block to visit its individual wiki page.|
when [button pressed v]
[slider v] sensor value
sensor [button pressed v]?
When [slider v] [> v] (50)
The blocks for PicoBoards each have at least one drop-down menu with other options (see right).
The PicoBoard has the following features:
- Slider: Controls the slider value.
- Light Sensor: Changes the light sensor value depending on the amount of light it detects.
- Button: Can be pressed to control the button pressed value (true or false).
- Sound Sensor: Changes the sound value depending on the amount of sound it detects.
- Alligator Clips: Changes the value of various variables that detect whether the alligator clips are connected, and how much resistance each connection has.
Setting up a PicoBoard
To set up a PicoBoard, follow these steps:
- Get/buy a PicoBoard.
- Download the appropriate driver depending on whether you have a Serial or USB PicoBoard (all PicoBoards sold after June 2009 are USB PicoBoards).
- Plug your PicoBoard into your computer.
- Read Getting Started with PicoBoards.
A PicoBoard can be bought here. They cost about $45 USD, international shipping is $7.
|Caution:||Ask a parent/guardian before buying a PicoBoard.|
PicoBoard Starter Kit
|Please expand this article or section. You can help by talk page.if you are an editor. More information might be found in a section of the|
The PicoBoard Starter Kit is a kit for the PicoBoard. It includes:
- 1x PicoBoard
- 1x Gear Hobby Motor
- 1x Red Concave Button
- 1x Green Concave Button
- 1x Toggle Switch
- 1x Linear 10k Ohm Rotary Potentiometer
- 1x Square Force Sensitive Resistor
- 1x 0.709" Magnet Disk
- 1x Insulated Reed Switch
- 1x 10K Thermistor
- 4x Tall Silicone Bumpers
- 4x 2.5mm Audio Cable to Dual Alligator Clips
- 10x Multicolored Alligator Test Leads
- 10x 20 AWG 6" M/M Jumper Wires
|Caution:||Ask a parent/guardian before buying a PicoBoard Starter Kit.|