A platformer or platform game is a popular video game genre characterized by jumping to and from suspended platforms or over obstacles. Most of them are made to do things that you can do in real life, like jumping, rolling, walking, etc. Platformers often have themes; for example, the popular platformer Don't Look Back does not allow you to move backwards. Many Scratchers have difficulty creating realistic platformers due to the complex mathematical programming and trigonometry involved.
Platformers can have scrolling for the smooth transition between locations as if the camera is following the player.
- More Than Just a Platformer Game by 900miles
- Bounce by axu
- Scrolling Platformer Game Template by archmage
- Mario Scroller by SpriteMaster
- Blob 4 by UltraJordan
- Pixel by ftf841
- Aura (Scrolling Platformer) by Will_Wam
Platformer levels can also be non-scrolling. The action of contacting the edge of the screen or reaching a goal triggers a transition to the next location. Static Platformers may be easier to code for some users due to the nature of them not requiring extra code to create the scroll effect.
- Auralyst by Chirple
- Walk the Line by Deweybears
- Cube World by Tanner-FBI
- A Portal Remake by Colkadome
- A platformer template for creating your own, by RHY3756547
- Platformer Tutorial v0.12 by griffpatch_tutor
- Journey to Hope by -frostyiceprincess-
- Super Mario Scralaxy v0.2.3 by Evan2963