|This article or section documents a feature not included in the current version of Scratch (2.0). It is only useful from a historical perspective.|
|Release Date|| 1.3 — 9/2/2008|
1.3.1 — 11/21/2008
|Download|| Official installers:|
|« 1.2||1.4 »|
Scratch 1.3 was released September 2, 2008, featuring vital new features such as lists. Scratch 1.3 cannot currently be downloaded directly from the main site since the release of Scratch 2.0, as the previous download page here is obsolete. However, the installer file may be on an external website.
Scratch 1.3 did not have many new features. Some of the ones it did have were significant, however.
The Disappearing Text Bug was first documented in this version.
- Sensing: In the initial version of 1.3, there was a block, , which reported the MIDI note from the microphone. It was likely removed 1.3.1 due to being buggy.
- Variables: Variables could be set to strings. The variable reporter was moved to the top of the list. Show and hide blocks were added. Variables were chosen from a dropdown; separate instances were only created for the reporter block.
- Lists: Lists were added to Scratch in 1.3. The only list block in 1.4 not in 1.3 is () contains ().
Comments were added in their modern form.
- Font changed to Verdana
- Does not show costume count in thumbnail
- Export button removed
- Draggable sprite icon moved next to sprite name
- Sleeker file selector dialog
Scratch 1.3.1 was released on November 21, 2008. It had updates to translations. The note block was also removed in this version due to functionality difficulties.
Showing and hiding variables, along with the list feature, were introduced in 1.3